Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Feeling Tarantino

2008-06-16 1:57:52 am

So, this weekend was a little weird, mostly for all of the weird Tarantino-ness that sneaked its way into things. The wife and I headed up north to New Hampshire to visit her folks for Father's Day. On Saturday we went to this flea market where I picked up Evil-Lynn from the 2002 Masters of the Universe line along with NECA's The Bride figure from Kill Bill.

Later on, we went to this place called Building 19 where I picked up three books (for $2.98 each). One was the script to Pulp Fiction which I ended up reading for the rest of the day (it reads just as well as it watches), Spike, Mike Reloaded by John Pierson (a book I've heard about on plenty of Kevin Smith DVD commentaries) and Sonata For Jukebox by Geoffrey O'Brien, a book that caught my eye like just about any other book with a record on the cover does.

Finally, my Quentin Tarantino weekend ended with a viewing of Incredible Hulk (hey, Tim Roth was in it, he was also in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, close enough right?). I wasn't all that excited about this flick at first, partly because I was one of the few people that liked the original Hulk movie. It's been a while since I watched it, so there will be a Hulk review up later this week (hopefully). Anyway, I just wasn't feeling IH. Ed Norton just didn't feel like Bruce Banner. The Hulk and Abomination CGI looked fine, but the helicopters looked ridiculously fake.

Frankly, the best part of the flick was Roth. He's super-crazy and the scene where he fights the Hulk as himself (before Abomination-ing out) made me psyched for the Captain America movie. The only problem? Wouldn't it have been cool to see Roth play Union Jack down the line? Oh well, too late for that now probably.

On a different note, Em and I were talking with the in laws about the upcoming movies and we all suggested that Matt Damon would make a great Captain America. This got me thinking that if it is Brad Pitt, as some of us around the office have thought about, Damon could make a great Hawkeye down the road. Let's just not wait too long on this, okay Marvel? Thanks.

Um...I guess I ran out of Tarantino stuff, but you get the idea.

No comments: